1939 James McGruer int. 6mR
|Lenght over all||11,52 m|
– Karvel planked- Mahogany on oak spars- Laminated deck beams Oregon- Hull lined out.
– complete refit by 2019:
- structure like floor stringers, frames renewed
- partly new planking
- entire hulle splined and e-glass sheeted
- wooden keel/stem renewed, keel bolts renewed
- ring frame/knees renewed
- deck beams partly replaced
- deck renewed (plywood subdeck, glass and Oregon deck, coamings renewed)
- complete coating renewed
Rig and Sails
– Aluminum Mast/Boom, keel stepped
– set of sails perfect for training, new sails needed for racing
– all ropes, sheets and halyards
A 1948 James McGruer design, near sister to Noa and GBR 48 Caprice, she was acquired from Tobermory on Lake Huron, in June 2004 by a Vancouver syndicate headed by Craig Murray. She represented Great Britain in the 1948 Olympics. After being sunk by another six in the early 90’s at the last 6 meter event to take place on Lake Ontario, she languished in a boatyard and was later purchased at auction in a lien dispute. She was restored and renamed “Phoenix”, then “Renaissance.” Johan was reassembled just in time to compete in the 2004 North Americans in Vancouver in the Summer of 2004, her first six meter event since her unfortunate sinking.
Herr current owner bought Johan in 2011 in Vancouver and started a major refit of 8 years.
Johan of Rhu is now in ready to sail condition and can be inspected on short notice.
Abeking & Rasmussen 16KR Yawl – ASGARD€490.000,00
100 sq m Sea Cruiser – JANINA€130.000,00
1967 Sparkmaan & Stephens Sloop 52′ – TINTOO VI€210.000,00